Last Thursday the first Software Architecture Pressure Cooker meetup was held. The goal of these meetups is to exchange experiences on software architecture. This is done by working on a real life case using the following format:
- A specific challenging scenario is introduced in general terms
- An organization is invited to present a real life case that matches the scenario introduced, they act as product owner during the evening.
- In a couple of rounds the group brainstorms, breaks up in sub groups and works on solutions.
- All solutions are presented to the product owner
- Some heated discussions take place between the various subgroups where each group tries to convince the other groups.
The scenario for this first meetup was “3-2-1 Bang!”. Characteristics of this scenario are: